Hi, for them to code a consult it would have to be because a consult was requested for that Drs advice. In their consult note they would need to state the request, reason, & provide a report of their findings/recommendations.
It sounds like they should probably be using the 99221-99223 codes.
Just wondering, because I work in inpatient Psych, why are the Family Physicians and Hospitalists doing the H&Ps for the psych patients instead of the psychiatrists?
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join