The other coders are right. These procedures should all be billed on one claim form with modifiers.
Depending on what the operative note says. for example:
45385, removal of polyp(s) with snare thechnique,
45382 - 59, control of bleeding. But, if the bleeding was a result of the polypectomy, you cannot bill this as a seperate procedure. There is a saying: "if you break it, fix it". So, make sure that this control of bleeding was performed in a different part of the colon.
45380 - 59. Again, bx or polyp(s) removed by cold forceps. Must be in different part of colon than the 45385.
Hope this helps a little.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join