Okay -- ER doc requests hospitalist to consult on patient in the ER.
OPTION 1: Hospitalist sees patient in ER, provides his opinion/advice to ER doc who continues management/discharge from ER. Code outpatient consultation 9924x
OPTION 2: Hospitalist sees patient in ER, and decides to ADMIT patient to hospital. Code only the Initial Hospital Visit 9922x.
OPTION 3: ER doc is NOT billing anything, because Hospitalist handled all services provided in ER that day.
(A) patient seen in ER and discharged from ER - code ER codes 9928x
(B) patient seen in ER and hospital decides to admit - code only Initial Hospital Visit 9922x
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join