I'm w/Foot/Ankle ortho surgery. We do a lot of these. If I were coding this, I would use the 27650. The 27652 includes obtaining graft, but where did your doc get the graft from? Was it from the pt himself, or did he order through a vendor?
The 27652 would mean that the dr would repair the tendon, and obtain the graft from the pt himself through a separate incision.
I'm not sure why you were told to use the unlisted code though. If you're getting the graft from a vendor, you cannot bill for the graft itself. I understand you want to bill for the dr's time required to place the graft. We never get pd on any unlisted codes here. We don't even use them. But I guess you could try and see what happens.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join