Depending on who you ask...you may get different answers.
I do not allow extra credit for direct visualization/indepedent interp of labs or radiology when we are billing for the global component. The payment for the interp is captured in the professional component of the lab or xray. Now...I DO allow direct visualization/independent interp when my neurosurgeons (for example) receive a CD and provide an independent interp of their "findings" since we are not billing for the MRI. Of course, they thoroughly document their "findings" through the independent/visualization process.
I do have to add that I have attended a couple of E/M/Auditing seminars conducted by the AAPC and this was also the representatives view. Personally, I feel like it's "double dipping" when allowing credit for the independent vis. if you're already being compensated for the global component. With that being said, I have written my carrier for their view but remain firm on my opinion until proven otherwise by my carrier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join