There is no other way to take the test but to look through your books. You can have handwritten notes in the books just nothing glued or taped in them. I found section dividers to be helpful when I took it. You have 5 1/2 hours to answer 150 questions. When I took it 5 years ago we only had 5 hours. Best advice is DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING BLANK. Fill in all of your answer key even if you run out of time and don't finish. Answer all of the easier questions first (I started with terminology because that was easiest for me. I left the Medicine and Radiology section for last because that was more difficult for me.) Second best advice is RELAX AND BREATHE.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join