AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!

Columbia, MO

AAPC: Back to School
    Say what?? If they follow CCI edits then they should at least accept the G code, I have had this paid by Cigna before. Ok so you have two choices here.
    First you know CCI edits consider this bundled and non modifiable.
    So for commercial you can either try
    29877 59
    Which quite honestly very rarely works
    Now I know you said they say they do not accept the G code but how reliable is this information, do you have access to the fee schedule? The reason I bring this up is lets suppose they really do not then what happens is you do run the risk of being paid the lower RVU of the 29877/G0289 or the 29881.
    Do not worry I am not busy today, My seminar was cancelled due to weather so I am just hanging out in a hotel in Philly!

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Bangor, Maine

Well, that's what I thought, too. I thought that at least the G code would be recognized if not the 29887-59. I figured that maybe Cigna was the exception to this rule. I have been using the codes that you suggest above for a while now and have not had a problem up until now. Even CMS covers the G code for crying out loud. I don't know what to make of what you said about "how reliable is the source". I just called cigna from home last night and was told that info by the rep. Do you think that maybe there is a chance that they made a mistake or misunderstood my question? To be honest, I was really surprised by it too because after that, I called 2 other payers and both of them (and CMS, too) would accept the code. We have 2 consultants here today to audit some of our charts, so I think that I will have them take a look at it and see what they have to say. Enjoy your room service!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12