Is an ileostomy ever wanted? ha ha! When these stomas are made for the purpose of bypass, for healing or whatever, they are usually meant to be temporary until the patient can be "put back together". In these cases use a -58 since the takedown was planned.
If it was meant to be permanent in the first place, I cant imagine that the patient just said "I don't like this, please take it down"...it's never that easy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join