A pre-op clearance visit requested by the surgeon should be coded as a consultation by the PCP. The primary dx code would be V72.8X, followed by the reason for surgery (ie 715.16) followed by any co-morbidities (ie 250.00, 401.9, etc). There must be a request for the service as well as a report back to the surgeon either clearing or not, and any post op recommendations for medications, etc.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join