From my experience, if the entire time was with the patient and parnts, then 90847 is appropriate.
However, if the therapist met with child only for a period of time, then the appropriate psychotherapy code (based on time - 90804-90808) may be billed AND the time spent with the parents with the patient may also be billed with 90847.
There may be minimum time requirements from carriers for 90847. Not all carriers will pay for the two services on the same day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join