I would continue to follow the CPT guidelines for non-medicare patients, until I was instructed otherwise from specific payers.
As you have probably already read, there is not a direct crosswalk from the 5 levels of consult codes to the 3 levels of admission codes. Coders are already planning how to educate their providers on the additional documentation requirements of the history and exam for the low level of 99221 (detailed or comprehensive) vs. the existing 99241 or 99251 (problem focused).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join