Per CPT, 88307 is Breast, excision of lesion, requiring microscopic evaluation of margins. The heading of this specimen looks like you've got a seperately submitted margin from the main exicsion.
While I don't see your microscopic description, I think it's better to say in the diagnosis that the margins were examined for final diagnosis to indicate that that part of the exam was *required* from a CPT standpoint. Especially in a case like this where there's not much going on.
This looks like 88305 to me.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join