Sorry but you can't 59425 & 59426 for the same patient to the same carrier. If one provider saw her for all antepartum care and she did not change insurance carriers, you can only bill the 59426 for the routine A/P visits. However, for the "extra visits" due to her high risk condition, you can bill E&M codes. Check the CPT guidelines for visit frequency to determine which are routine and which are E&M for the risks. Do you have the Ob-gyn coding companion? it's very helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join