I'm assuming that the patient was prepped for the surgery and on the O.R. table but anesthesia was not induced yet?
- If a case was cancelled after the patient has been prepared for surgery, but before induction, some Medicare carriers (e.g. WPS) will reimburse 3 base units for the procedure. Some carriers require you to put a note in Box 19 on the CMS 1500 form that says "Cancelled before induction, but after preparation."
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join