AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reference Tool for Anesthesia billing

Default New to this

AAPC: Back to School
    I have a couple of questions.

I have a client that is a owns a Gastroenterology Clinic and a ASC. They are hiring two non-directed CRNA's to handle the Anesthesia for their cases. My questions are two fold

1. They are currently contracted with all major insurance carriers under the anesthesia group they work for. So I will be getting their contracts moved to either the client's Gastro Practice TAX ID or the Endoscopy Tax ID. Does it make any difference when billing and coding if I put them under the Medical Practice or the ASC?

2. Currently to we bill the ASA codes or the crosswalk CPT codes?

Any advise would be appreciated

I'm not sure about the enrollment questions. As for # 2 most carriers require that you bill ASA codes with time for anesthesia services; however, some still want CPT codes. So the best thing to do is review your carrier's anesthesia policies and bill according to what they prefer. The major carriers like Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, United Health etc... are going to want ASAs. You'll also want to review anesthesia modifiers, an undirected CRNA is billed out with a QZ mod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Wound Care Acuity Billing Worksheet/Tool
    By fscribner in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. Help with anesthesia billing for cancelled surgical cases - PRE anesthesia
    By gschues1 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:28 PM
  3. Radiology Quick reference tool
    By Lynda Wetter in forum Medical Coding General Discussion