We've run into this and have "learned our lesson"! The physician did one procedure but did it in two parts, therefore, billing of the single procedure for removal of foreign body is appropriate. If the procedure was difficult and required more time (not including the time to retrieve the right instruments) then documentation of additional time spent/difficulty of procedure would allow you to append your -22 mod. Hope this helps!
Vicki L Davis, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join