You would code a titer. The reason the MD is performing the test is to see if the child has immunities/antibodies against hepatitis B. If he was testing for the virus, he would be screening for the virus being active in the blood. If you are still not sure I would certainly querie the MD and ask him if he is searching for the active virus, or if he is checking for immunity or antibodies.
Hope this is helpful to you...
Cheryl LPN, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join