Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help provider based facility billing

Red face Help provider based facility billing
    Medical Coding Books
    I work for a hospital (they bought out numerous physican offices)that has been approved to do provider based facility billing. We just had a meeting and no one is familiar with this. So I am asking my fellow AAPC members if they have any ideas on how to do this. From what I understand we will bill a regular E&M and also a facility charge. If anyone has any ideas please help.
    Thank you,
    Colleen R Cox CPC

2. Default
    You will need to bill Medicare Part A and Part B with POS 22. Depending on the state that you are in you may have different option for billing Medicaid. For all other insurance you can bill either way (check with them). You can bill Global with POS 11 or Outpatient Hospital (split billing) with POS 22. We have problems with split billing with some of the insurances. The payment is a little higher but sometime the patient has two copays.
    Let me know if I can give you any more information.
    Antonella Margison, CPC

Smile Thank you
    What are the facility codes we will bill? I bill for several specialities and I have never billed any facility billing. So any help would be appreciated. My
    email is colleenrcoxmso@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance for your help.

Colleen R Cox CPC

Colleen,
    You will need the UB04 manual and it will help alot. Facilities do not use place of service codes, they use revenue codes. Also you need to know your bill types. Most of this is explained in the manual. I will send to your e-mail.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Default Thank you
    Debra,
    Thank you so much. I see you on the forum a lot helping everyone. I just printed out all the information and plan to take it home with me. I have until April to figure it out. Once again thank you for all your help.

Colleen R Cox CPC

6. Default
    Is is possible for you to send me this info also? We just started billing for "PROVIDER BASED PHYSICIANS"
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.

jmbakerrvhca@yahoo.com

i agree, i've been searching for provider based billing information and it is VERY SCARCE!!!
    Dawnelle Beall, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I
    Licensed AAPC PMCC Instructor
    AAPC ICD-10CM Certified Trainer
    Previous AAPC Local Chapter President & VP

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellde View Post
    Colleen,
    You will need the UB04 manual and it will help alot. Facilities do not use place of service codes, they use revenue codes. Also you need to know your bill types. Most of this is explained in the manual. I will send to your e-mail.
    Hello Debra,

Could you please send the UB04 Manual information to me via email as well. Our coding department needs additional resources on split billing.

I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanking you in advance,
    Dolores McKenzie, CPC

Dolores.McKenzie@monroeclinic.org

9. Default
    Hello Debra!
    I too would appreciate the Ub manual for billing via email. My email is mel.bissessar@gmail.com
    Thank you in advance!
    Melissa

Debra,
    Would you please send me this also? We are converting to PBB in July, so this would be very helpful. Thank you so much!
    -Tanya Prescott, CPC
    tprescott@alexclinic.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast