You will need to bill Medicare Part A and Part B with POS 22. Depending on the state that you are in you may have different option for billing Medicaid. For all other insurance you can bill either way (check with them). You can bill Global with POS 11 or Outpatient Hospital (split billing) with POS 22. We have problems with split billing with some of the insurances. The payment is a little higher but sometime the patient has two copays.
Let me know if I can give you any more information.
Antonella Margison, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join