Ok, these are non-covered services that you are giving and elective ABN correct? So you would have used the GY previously or nothing at all.
My understanding is if you incorrectly put a GX on an item they would pay for they will kick the whole claim out. As long as you use it correctly they will process all items on the claim leaving anything with the GX as patient liability.
"Medicare systems will recognize and allow the –GX modifier on claims, but will return the claim if the –GX modifier is used on any line reporting covered charges."
This doesn't go into effect until April 1, 2010.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join