you are confused as to what 249 represents. 249 is for secondary diabetes, in other words diabetes cause by some factor other than genetics or environemtal. Such as a steriod toxicity can cause diabetes, this is then secondary diabetes. Pancreatic cancer can cause secondary diabetes. look in the coding guidelines for more information on the correct application of the 249 and the 251 categories.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join