For the open reduction internal fixation, you can use code 23585. For the arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, you can use code 29827. I ran these 2 coded through the CCI edits on the Encoder Pro and there is no bundling issue. I also ran them through the CMS CCI edits and no problem. I would imagine that since each procedure, while in the same vicinity, was on a specific area - one being the acromion and the other being the rotator cuff. I would be interested to know if anyone else can take this further for clarification.
Good luck! Happy Holidays.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join