I am hoping to get some comments on a ongoing discussion we are having in our office. There are a few different view points when it comes to interpretation of a destruction of pre-malignant lesions using 17000 and 1700. It is my understanding that the first lesion is 17000 and then the next second thru 14 lesions and then 17004 if you have 15 or more using just those codes once. But here is the debate. 17003 reads (each) so some say to put it in for every lesion starting with the second thru 14. I would appreciate any and all view points on this. Thank you in advance for your time.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join