New Synvisc Code

1. Default New Synvisc Code
    Medical Coding Books
    Anyone with information on J7325 being new in 2010 for Synvisc 1 mg? Deleted code J7322 which is per dose?

I got information from our synvisc rep. It lists the following:

Synvisc ONE
    HCPCS Code: J7325
    Units: 48

Synvisc
    HCPCS Code: J7325
    Units: 16

The code is per MG

This code is replacing J7322 for Synvisc and no longer using teh misc code J3490 for SynviscOne. This is CMS so you will have to check with other carriers.
    Tina Wosmek CPC, COSC

Wouldn't it be 32 units since each synvisc injection has 2ml and one ml=16mg?
    IHAGEE

I have the same information as Tina. Synvisc- 16 units, Synvisc-One, 48 units.

~Kirsten, CPC

5. Default
    But Blue Shield of MA has a max of 2 units for this code, so how do you bill for the proper dosage? The 16 units works fine for Medicare - haven't had a Synvisc One yet.

Heidi M.

they may not be using the new code. I would call them and double check. They may still want the old code to be used or they need to update.
    Tina Wosmek CPC, COSC

7. Default
    Tina,

The J7322 code has been deleted, so they can't want the old code. When I spoke with Provider Services, they said 'there's a 2 unit max for this code'. I don't think they want 8 lines with 51 on lines 2 thur 8 - you'd have to send 2 claims. I'm about ready to pull my hair out on this one!

Heidi

8. Default BSMA updated their edits
    It took contacting our Provider Rep, but I got the Synvisc & BSMA resolved. They had to update their edits to allow for the correct 16 or 48 units. One phone call to adjust all the claims in question and now all are back in process.

glad you got it all figured out.
    Tina Wosmek CPC, COSC