AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 20680 or 15732?

Default 20680 or 15732?

AAPC: Back to School
    I may be making this hard for myself.....

Dx: extruding implant from facial paralysis on right side w/ abscess
    Procedure: removal of extruding facial implant and myocutaneous flap elevation for facial paralysis

Attention to the right side. An incision was made over the extruding implant. Next, 3 mersilene sutures were identified and were removed. Meticulous hemostasis was obtained. The dissction was carried down beneath the submuscular aponeurotic system over the anterior face at the zygoma. The flap was then elevated and sutured to the periosteum w/ 4-0 Prolene sutures. This was accomplished in association with skin closure, using vertical mattress sutures.Meticulous hemostasis was obtained and then the skin edges were reapprox w/ interrupted 6-0 Prolene sutures.

Any ideas? 20680 and 15732??? Not sure??

The removal code doesn't appear correct since those codes are related to external fixation devices. The flap code looks good. I may code an unlisted procedure for the removal of the implant. I had to that once for a calf implant we removed... Good luck

Similar Threads

1. What DX to use with 20680....
    By tammy roach in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2014, 01:07 AM
  2. Is 76000 -26 bundled into 15732
    By klobo in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM
  3. 20680
    By RaquelBorja in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 4