Hi - We are having a discussion on the crosswalk codes that Medicare Part B News provided, dated December 9,2009.
If we used to bill 99243 we are now being instructed to bill either 99203 or 99213.
But in a followup case I don't think 99213 is adequate to 99243. Assuming the same documentation is available for a correct code of 99243, I think that a 99214 would be more comparable.
Does this sound correct?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join