Here are a few pictures of the GI Tract.
The average colon is about 1.5m long. Lenghts of the various parts are:
Anal canal: 5 cm
Rectum: 12 cm
Sigmoid colon: 40 cm
Descending colon: 15 cm
Transverse colon: 45 cm
Ascending colon: 25 cm
The splenic flexure is thus at around 72 cm from the anal verge and the hepatic flexure at around 117 cm.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join