does anyone know if an exploratory lap (CPT 49000)can billed with modifier 59 on trauma pts (gunshot wound, auto accidents) in addition to the other procedure(s) such as liver repair, spleenectomy, small or large bowel resects?* I have been told that when it is a trauma that requires an emergent exploratory lap it can be billed with the 59 mod in addition to the procedures needed to be performed.* I have read NCCI edit manual and I interpert this as No, but am told differently. Also,I am told that the physician must state that the entire bowel was run. I would appreciate any feedback and resources regarding this.** Thanks!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join