Hi, Need some help on coding for our pain management doctor. He did a bilateral L4, L5 and S1 Hardware injection with Corticosteroid.
Patient placed prone on fluoroscopy table. Light conscious sedation was provided. The lumbosacral area was prepped and draped in the usual matter.
Landmarks were indentified using C-arm fluoroscopic image intensifier. The overlying skin and soft tissue structures were anesthetized with 1% buffered Lidocaine. A 25 gauge spinal needle was advanced to approximate the LEFT L4,L5 and S1 target screw heads. Isovue 300 contrast was thereafter injected to confirm placement and delivery of the injected solution to the appropriate target: there was no evidence of intravascular spread. 10mg Methylprednisolone Acetate PF + 2cc 0.5% Marcaine without epinephrine PF was thereafter slowly injected at each level without complications.
The above procedure was repeated at the right L4,L5,S1 hardware block.
Any help on coding this would be most helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join