When you say you are coding from the charge ticket do you mean you are just doing the data entry from the levels and diagnosis codes supplied by the physician or you are choosing levels based on the diagnosis codes?
Obviously there may be some diagnosis codes that might represent a higher level of physician work and MDM but you should audit all encounters or random samplings to make sure that the levels fit what is being coded instead of just looking for some ways to up a level?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join