AAPC - Back to school
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Coder Productivity

Smile lisa king cpc

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by charonate View Post
    When I used to code radiology it was required to code 400 notes in a 8 hr/day with a 95% accuracy.

Now I'm working for urology/auditor its required to code 150 notes in a 8hr/day with 90% accuracy.
    what was the criteria on the mistakes ?. Can you tell me what the check points are on the quality. What is the mistakes on a 95% quality review. I work at a Radiology billing service and missing 1 out of 10 mistakes is a 90% quality review. Do they mark you off on diagnosis,cpt,modifiers and auditing.
    Last edited by lysejane3; 12-18-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: can anyone tell me how they average out your quality for 95%.

Default E & M Coding for Internal Medicine and Family Practice

I was a bit confused with all the different productivity standards members posted. Of course standards would vary depending upon how each coder came up with their CPT's and ICD-9's. Our coders abstract from the providers clinic notes. We have just switched to EMR and some providers are using templates and some are dictating and some are doing a little of both. I think 12-20 completed encounter forms per hour is reasonable for E & M codes.
    Some of the standards that were mentioned made me wonder if some of the coders were simply just using the codes the providers wrote down and not actually abstracting the encounter's themselves.

Donna Louden CPC

Default Radiology production...

Hi All,

I am from INDIA, I used to code around 500-600 radiology charts per day. When I mean charts it includes the cpt/cpt's, Dx/Dx's, Modifier/Modifier's. And add to this I would be auditing the files done by my team members.It is Hard But I love my job and I do it pretty easily.

Jayaprathap, CPC:
    Jayaprathap, CPC

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work

I am the manager of the coding unit at a multi-specialty clinic. We code hospital/ASC claims for over 200 providers - surgery, readings, E/M. Currently, I have 3 certified supervisors, 7 certified coders, and 10 noncertified coders. The coders are expected to put out at least 425 claims a month within an 8 hour, 5 day work week. This may seem low; however, we (not the physicians) are coding from documentation.

Default surgical coding productivity

Quote Originally Posted by lhamilton View Post
    Does anyone have any productivity standards for e/m and surgical coding in the ortho office? Thanks in advance! lauren

I work in a boston hospital and we have productivity of at least 30 cases a day for orthopedic surgeries.

Hope that helps!

Fresno, CA

Red face

I code for ophthalmology/ASC we have 18 physicians in all. I am required to code 250 charts a day.

We estimate approx 10 -13 min per encounter for qual esp coder for ultimate result

We are required to code 150 charts a day (EMR) and then enter all charges into the billing system. Most companies that hire you to work from home require 200 - 225 a day (8 hours), with a 90% accuracy rate, and they check it monthly ..... I think that 200 is a little over the top, we are coding the physician side of ER, but that is what we have set for now.

I code 150 ER visits per day (eight hour shift)

I was coding 175 cases of Surgical Pathology per day. For cytopathology 300 charts can be coded per day.

For E/M office visits, our target is 250-300 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by dabroussard View Post
    I am the Site Manager and have 7 certified coders and 2 certified auditors. We code for 125 physicians. The specialties run from Family Practice, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Cardiology, OB, Gyn, Internal Medicine, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Neurology, Nephrology, Mental health. Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Chiropractics, PT, OT,Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Oncology
    How I can get home coding , Anybody can suggest me about it?
    I have experience of 2 year coding in radiology for physicians