I was a bit confused with all the different productivity standards members posted. Of course standards would vary depending upon how each coder came up with their CPT's and ICD-9's. Our coders abstract from the providers clinic notes. We have just switched to EMR and some providers are using templates and some are dictating and some are doing a little of both. I think 12-20 completed encounter forms per hour is reasonable for E & M codes.
Some of the standards that were mentioned made me wonder if some of the coders were simply just using the codes the providers wrote down and not actually abstracting the encounter's themselves.
Donna Louden CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join