11040 -11044 - debridement of necrotic tissue along with HEALTHY TISSUE, so pre & post debridement measurement will be different. provider is using blade/sharp instrument to remove the necrotic tissue and also removing the some healthy tissue around the wound to regenerate the new cells.(use site modifier)
97597-97598 - removing necrotic tissue only, so pre & post debridemnt measurement will be same. provider may use water jet to remove the necrotic tissue.
am not sure about E&M
Hope this will help you
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join