It really all depends on where you want to work and which type of credential the potential employer prefers for candidates to have.
I have worked for hospitals and physician offices and hold both the CPC and CPC-H credential.
It truly is a matter of preference both yours and the employers. Either credential is highly recognized by a lot of organizations so the best advice I can give you is to check (locally) in your area to see if the majority of hospitals prefer the CPC-H or not. Good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join