For a pretty generic explanation to tell them, I would say that the CCS is more inpatient coding and the CPC is more procedure based. Pretty elementary, but it might explain it better to them. Also, if you took both exams, you should be able to explain it all a little better to them since you should know better than anyone what it all entails. Good luck and if this doesn't help, tell them to google both credentials and I am sure that they can find some info about both of them that way
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join