This is correct. The consultation codes have gone away for medicare as of Jan 1, 2010. Check out CMS website concerning consultation codes. In the CMS search engine type in consultation codes 2010 and you will get all the information you need. Just remember, for non-medicare, It will be carrier specific whether they will use consultation codes, including some medicaids. There are also several other threads on here concerning this topic. try the search engine at the top of the page.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join