One of our docs has been using 69801 as the CPT code for this procedure, however one of our other docs thinks that it is inappropriate since that code states it is a labrynthotomy, which is not being performed. What they are doing is creating an opening in the eardrum and using that to inject a steroid into the middle ear. Does anyone do this and if so what code are you using? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join