Because the patient is only coming in to discuss lab results, I would say that the hypothyroidism is a brief HPI. You have a detailed ROS and PFSH, but you can only use an expanded problem focused History due to the HPI elements. That is just my take on it. Hope that helps.
I would code a 99213 - exp prob foc HPI, Exam not needed, and a moderate MDM due to the New dx with work up and chronic illness with mild exacerbation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join