With my experience in ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding, administration, computer systems and operations, and medical anatomy, pathology, and terminology; as well as my motivation, flexibility, versatility, confidence, and ability to thrive in deadline-driven environments, I feel I am uniquely qualified for an entry-level position as a coder in a physican's office or outpatient clinic.

Please look at my attached resume and contact me at imayo@sio.midco.net if my qualifications meet your needs.

Thank you.

ISAAC MAYO, CPC-A
2104 West 20th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
605-221-3377
imayo@sio.midco.net

CAREER OBJECTIVE
To obtain a position where my coding and transcription expertise, customer service skills, and history of accomplishments in previous positions can be utilized to best advantage.

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Certified Professional Coder, awarded by the American Academy of Professional Coders, based on a rigorous examination and other criteria.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. I have written over 20 articles and one book related to science, health, and the history of science.
Skilled at problem resolution.
Excellent customer service skills.

RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Skilled in coding, compliance, reimbursement, and fiscal management regulations.
Experience in medical coding, using ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS Level II codes.
Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and medical transcription and records.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with physicians, clients, and colleagues.
Proficient in computer operations and applications, including Windows, MacOS, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as proprietary software.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
2007-2009 Call Center Supervisor Midco Call Center; Sioux Falls, SD
2004-2007 Call Center Supervisor CSD; Sioux Falls, SD
1994-2004 Assistant Manager Video Ithaca; Ithaca, NY
1992-1994 Office Coordinator Companion Animal Hospital; Fresno, CA
1977-1992 Freelance Television
Producer/Director Various (e.g., ABC, CBS, NBC)

EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Diploma, Medical Coding Program; United States Career Institute; Fort Collins, CO – 2009
Diploma, Medical Transcription Program; United States Career Institute; Fort Collins, CO – 2009
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Oberlin College; Oberlin, OH – 1977
Diploma, Stuyvesant High School; New York, NY – 1973

PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Certified Member, American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC); Salt Lake City, UT
Member, Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI); Modesto, CA