With my experience in ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding, administration, computer systems and operations, and medical anatomy, pathology, and terminology; as well as my motivation, flexibility, versatility, confidence, and ability to thrive in deadline-driven environments, I feel I am uniquely qualified for an entry-level position as a coder in a physican's office or outpatient clinic.

Please look at my attached resume and contact me at imayo@sio.midco.net if my qualifications meet your needs.

Thank you.

ISAAC MAYO, CPC-A
2104 West 20th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
605-221-3377
imayo@sio.midco.net

CAREER OBJECTIVE
To obtain a position where my coding and transcription expertise, customer service skills, and history of accomplishments in previous positions can be utilized to best advantage.

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Certified Professional Coder, awarded by the American Academy of Professional Coders, based on a rigorous examination and other criteria.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. I have written over 20 articles and one book related to science, health, and the history of science.
• Skilled at problem resolution.
• Excellent customer service skills.

RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Skilled in coding, compliance, reimbursement, and fiscal management regulations.
• Experience in medical coding, using ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS Level II codes.
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and medical transcription and records.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with physicians, clients, and colleagues.
• Proficient in computer operations and applications, including Windows, MacOS, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as proprietary software.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
2007-2009 Call Center Supervisor Midco Call Center; Sioux Falls, SD
2004-2007 Call Center Supervisor CSD; Sioux Falls, SD
1994-2004 Assistant Manager Video Ithaca; Ithaca, NY
1992-1994 Office Coordinator Companion Animal Hospital; Fresno, CA
1977-1992 Freelance Television
Producer/Director Various (e.g., ABC, CBS, NBC)

EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Diploma, Medical Coding Program; United States Career Institute; Fort Collins, CO – 2009
Diploma, Medical Transcription Program; United States Career Institute; Fort Collins, CO – 2009
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Oberlin College; Oberlin, OH – 1977
Diploma, Stuyvesant High School; New York, NY – 1973

PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Certified Member, American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC); Salt Lake City, UT
Member, Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI); Modesto, CA