Not enough info to determine if a separate and distinct office visit based on your post, so I can't give an opinion on the 25 modifier. However, if a procedure was started and discontinued modifier 53 appended to the procedure is appropriate. Sounds like the physician actually started the procedure. It is not appropriate to append modifier 53 if the patient is prepped for surgery, anesthesia is given, and the physician never actually begins the procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join