I just recently was asked to bill for this and did some research. I came across an article on this topic, reviewed it with the urologist doing the procedure and he confirmed the information was correct for fiducial placement in the prostate. I just submitted last week so not sure how payer (Medicare) is going to handle it, but here it is:
55876 Fiducial placement,
76942 Ultrasonic guidance for needle placement, and
76872 Transrectal UTS
I put a Mod 25 on the 55876 and submitted. The article stated (and the urologist confirmed with me) that typically the radiation oncologist will provide the marker kit to the urologist (since the cost of the kit alone exceeds the Medicare reimbursement for the procedure of placing the markers).
Hope this helps,
Hunter Smith, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join