Well, it is ok to bill the visit but it gets down to intent of the visit. The primary diagnosis would be ok for anemia, but, evaluation for blood thinners would end up being I believe a V-code which would not be a covered diagnosis.
The global for a colonoscopy is not a consideration with most payers for office or outpatient setting e/m visits prior to the procedure.
Hope this is helpful.
Kathleen J. Wolfe, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join