AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Wrist Plate HCPCS ??

Saint Louis West

Question Wrist Plate HCPCS ??

AAPC: Back to School
    I'm trying to find out if there is a HCPCS code for a volar plate. I've looked in the program I use (Encoder Pro) and I've been able to find anything. If anyone has billed for a fixation plate and you know of a HCPCS code I'd be happy to hear from you.

Per CMS C1713 may include orthopedic plates.
    Juanita Mendoza, CPC

As per the code description C1713 is for anchor/screw. Can i get that CMS list where it says that C1713 can be used for plate.

CMS Device Code Definition - Implantable pins and/or screws that are used to oppose soft tissue-to-bone, tendon-to-bone, or bone-to-bone. Screws oppose tissues via drilling as follows: soft tissue-to-bone, tendon-to-bone, or bone-to-bone fixation. Pins are inserted or drilled into bone, principally with the intent to facilitate stabilization or oppose bone-to-bone. This may include orthopedic plates with accompanying washers and nuts. This category also applies to synthetic bone substitutes that may be used to fill bony void or gaps (i.e., bone substitute implanted into a bony defect created from trauma or surgery).

Similar Threads

1. Wrist Sprain now Wrist Fracture
    By CMW in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 10:55 AM
  2. Orbital Fixation Plate
    By fishbite2 in forum Plastic Surgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
  3. same bone fx,same incision, same plate
    By Stacyharter98 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2