STS says that you should only bill 33870 "if a direct anastomosis of graft to the descending aorta with a side of graft to end of head vessel island (including the grafting or reimplantation of the brachiocephalic, left common carotid, and left subclavian arteries) anastomosis is performed. It would not be appropriate to report this code when only the lesser curve of the arch is done as part of a beveled ascending aortic graft" That is from the STS spring/summer 2006 coding newsletter. Hope that helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join