80100 and 80101 vs G0430 and G0431
I have several internal med practices that bill CPT 80100 and 80101 QW for point of care urine drug screen which are on the CLIA list. I understand that Medicare added new HCPCS code G0430 (for 80100) and G0431 (for 80101). The difference in the language is G0430 states "other than chromatographic method." Today I located a fee for all four codes are on the Cahaba B 2010 fee schedule. I also have other CMS articles stating that CMS intends to inactivate 80100 and 80101 as soon as G0430 and G0431 become active. Which code would the physician bill?
Does that mean that the physician office lab should bill G0430 and G0431 in 2010? Or was G0430 and G0431 created for Clinical Labs? The tests are different. Several of the office are using QuickTox 12 and billing 80101 QW x12
Judi Reid CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join