We are having yet another discussion on the MLN Matters article - this time regarding the ER consult codes.
I was under the impression that if our doctor was asked to see a patient in the Emergency Room by the attending then he would now bill from the 99281-99288 series of codes. There is no admission, just a consult.
Another coder in our office is stating that our doctor (under the same scenario) can't bill from this group of codes because he did not arrange to have the patient meet him at the ER and not see any other doctor.
The MLN Matters bulletin, on the bottom of pg. 4 leads me to believe otherwise.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join