I can help with the food bolus pushed into the stomach and the dilation. These are not bundled and can be charged together according to NCCI edits. 43247 is the correct code for pushing a bolus into the stomach according to the last GI coding conference I went to put on by the AGA.
As for the following, "I have also found a piece of documentation from the AMA saying that you would bill a 43235 - 22 or 43239 -22 if a biopsy was done when the bolus is pushed to the stomach. This is assuming that the doctor was in the stomach and duodenum. Otherwise the AMA directs you to 43200-22 43202-22. Is this correct? The date says 1/2008. If this is correct would the 51 modifer go on the dilation code?" I have never heard of this.
Hope this helps some.
Michele R. Hayes, CPC, CEMC, CGIC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join