Bravo to you for doing the right thing and bringing the issue up. Integrity and reputation are invaluable; once lost they can virtually never be regained.
Conduct yourself in a highly professional manner at all times. If your supervisor behaves less than professionally, speak to her about it directly, in person and in private. And, of course, make a record of it.
If your supervisor's future actions are retaliatory, then go to HR with those concerns.
Your employer is lucky to have you!
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join