AAPC - Back to school
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PA Assist Documentation Requirements

AAPC: Back to School
    Tessa has a really good point about keeping your cool. I myself am very passionate about doing things the right way and it can be very hard to keep cool. Sometimes impossible for me, that is when I have to stop talking all together and wait until I cool down to respond.

I see in one post that she is trying to disprove you. I wouldn't take that as a personal attack, even if it is, I think you should go with it. I know you have already looked for all possible options but let all parties involved know this as well. If they find something that proves different from everything everyone else has, awesome, post it so the rest of us can benefit.

I could be wrong on this but I doubt it, I think you are like me in that it doesn't matter what we do or who presented it as long as it is the right thing to do. I always present things that way. I research until I can't see straight and present all my info, if they disagree with what I have then I ask them to support their point of view. I have no problem in changing the way I do things, as long as it is supported and correct. We all make mistakes, we all make bad decisions, but not all of us learn from them or change our ways.

Toxic enviroments are harder on you than you think. I envy the people that can leave work at work and just go with the flow even when they know it is wrong. I can't do that. It tends to make my life very difficult.

Don't take this personally, even if some of it is, and don't let them make this personal. Easier said than done I know.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Default PA assts

I feel your pain!
    I also wanted to point out, however, that you need to be aware of what payers actually credential PAs and which ones do not. In our case, BCBS of OK and Aetna and Cigna do NOT credential PAs. Therefore, when billing for asst surgeon on those claims, we must use the surgeon's name and then add the AS modifier.

Be sure to check with your carriers before billing so you don't possibly have to repeat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234