I feel your pain!
I also wanted to point out, however, that you need to be aware of what payers actually credential PAs and which ones do not. In our case, BCBS of OK and Aetna and Cigna do NOT credential PAs. Therefore, when billing for asst surgeon on those claims, we must use the surgeon's name and then add the AS modifier.
Be sure to check with your carriers before billing so you don't possibly have to repeat.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join