I have had success getting these paid by using this cover letter, a copy of the OB/GYN Coding Companion page showing an assistant surgeon is allowed and the OP notes.
Insurance Company Name
I am writing in appeal for the above date of service. Per CCI edits an assistant surgeon is allowed with documentation. The ObGyn/Coding Companion also shows an assistant surgeon is allowed. This procedure does have risks involved, the possibility of rupturing membranes, bladder or bleeding.
Thank you so much for your reconsideration.
Coding Specialist, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join