The milligrams are all in your HCPCS book. Each drug is listed with how many miligrams can be billed under that code with one unit. How many units to bill depends on how many milligrams you inject in the pt. For example if a pt gets Botox (J0585) which is billed per milligram and we inject 50 mg we would bill 50 units. There is one code in the HCPCS that is for 20mg (J0480). So if we injected 40mg we would bill 2 units. J0520 is for 5mg so if you injected 20 mg you would bill 4 units.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join