Yes, you are correct. You have to wait until the device is returned and device has been scanned. The DOS billed is the date of the interpretation. Check with your local Medicare carrier's website and do a seach on holter monitors or event monitors. You may be able to find some billing information. Medicare retired the LCD on holters many years ago so you will not be able to find a current LCD for 93268.
Our office recently researched this and found an article @ Palmettogba.com; they are our carrier for California.
Good luck, let me know if you need add'l help with your search.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join